The Master programme of Novancia
The Master programme of Novancia is centred around 5 learning goals, comprising the acquisition of both general and management-specific knowledge and skills. They are as follows:
- Have a global perspective on key issues in the fields of management
- Develop, organise and manage innovative multi-dimensional projects at the industry sector, territory, and /or international level
- Develop and demonstrate professional expertise in the fields of commerce and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate responsible and ethical professional behaviour sensitive to societal and environmental challenges
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and effectively solve complex problems in different environments, by applying an analytical and conceptual approach.
The pedagogical approach of the programme is based on the following 5 key levers:
- The highly specialised academic content based on a solid core of business development principles, leading to a thorough knowledge and understanding of economic, financial, legal, environmental and international business issues.
- The importance of teaching students appropriate analysis and research skills (through seminars on research methodology and the preparation of a research thesis spanning the two-year programme) as well as strategic thinking skills.
The business-specific content of the programme, demonstrated through the teaching of 4 specialisation tracks:
- Entrepreneurship & development of innovative activities
- Sales development & purchasing
- Marketing - Communication & digital media
- International Business Development
An increased international focus, underlined by:
- The strong international dimension of the core teaching and specialisation tracks,
- The academic partnerships with universities and business schools throughout the world: student expatriation (study periods with foreign universities or internships), the welcoming of international students.
- An active pedagogical approach combining conceptualisation and practical application and placing specific emphasis on project management, providing the link between the different areas of knowledge acquired and encouraging cross-disciplinarity.
The programme prepares future graduates who are able to:
- Show specific expertise in entrepreneurship and commerce,
- Set up their own company or significantly contribute to corporate development on a regional, national or international level,
- Be experts and dynamic players in business development,
- Be managers, developers and entrepreneurs able to combine and apply strategic, managerial, entrepreneurial and commercial skills and expertise in their business field.
By the end of the 2-year programme…
… the future graduate will:
- be ready to embark on a professional career with potential to evolve and adapt, as well as the capacity to develop businesses at a regional, national and international level,
- have gained a thorough knowledge and understanding of the corporate economic environment and the challenges of internationalisation,
- have acquired skills and expertise in strategy, management and interculturel awareness as well as a clear ethical stance in relation to the world of business,
- have a clearly defined professional project and be firmly committed to a specific professional sector.