Project management lies at the very heart of the educational approach at Novancia, and is applied throughout its programmes.
Whether through the use of real or fictitious case studies based on the creation or takeover of companies, business development projects, business games or association development projects, our future entrepreneurial managers are encouraged to develop initiative-taking skills, a sense of responsibility and a taste for creativity.
The projects are awarded ECTS credits and count towards obtaining the degree.
Get involved in academic and association projects and start building your career !
Each year Bachelor students are required to undertake academic or association projects.
First year – Exploration
Learn to work using a project-based approach
- Explore project management intuitively
- Develop a sense of engagement
- Experience team-working
- Academic project: business and societal issuese
- Association project: mutual aid and solidarity
In the first year students work in teams on a business project, with a special focus on its innovative nature and its ability to meet consumer needs. Every stage of the activity is addressed: the idea, the project, the human, material and financial resources involved, market studies… The students are guided and supported by a coach, and at the end of the course are required to present their project to a panel of examiners made up of entrepreneurs and members of faculty.
Second year – Acquisition
Develop entrepreneurial skills
- Apply project management techniques
- Develop a sense of engagement
- Foster an entrepreneurial mindset and express your creativity
- Academic project with a partner company
- Association project: events management, the arts and culture
In the second year students grapple with real business problems (Bic, Total, Aéroport de Nice, L’Oréal, Haagen Dazs…).
Their task is to put together a business plan and sell their project to a corporate sponsor. With the help and guidance of a coach, they gradually develop an entrepreneurial attitude. >
Third year - Mastery
Assess the feasibility of a project and launch it successfully
- Rally a team together around a central idea, assert your leadership and manage a project effectively
- Develop your negotiating skills and succeed in convincing and persuading all the stakeholders involved in a given project
- Foster and manage creativity within a team
- Academic project: national and/or international business development
- Association project: humanitarian activities
In the third year students create and implement a business development project. This involves dealing with each stage of a project: international sector analysis, impact on the marketing and commercial approach, feasibility study, product or service launch, setting up of a business in France or abroad, business plan and market placement.
Companies entrust you with their projects
Get involved in responsible management with Starbucks Coffee, tackle a strategic marketing problem for Galeries Lafayette or show how creative you can be in the L’Oréal Challenge. These are just some of the many projects undertaken by Novancia students, who take full advantage of the special relationship the school enjoys with the business community.