The Master programme of Novancia
Presentation of the Master Programme
The Master programme of Novancia is centred around 5 learning goals, comprising the acquisition of both general and management-specific knowledge and skills. They are as follows:
- Have a global perspective on key issues in the fields of management
- Develop, organise and manage innovative multi-dimensional projects at the industry sector, territory, and /or international level
- Develop and demonstrate professional expertise in the fields of commerce and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate responsible and ethical professional behaviour sensitive to societal and environmental challenges
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and effectively solve complex problems in different environments, by applying an analytical and conceptual approach.
- Download the product sheet [PDF - 2.2 Mo]
The pedagogical approach of the programme is based on the following 5 key levers:
- The highly specialised academic content based on a solid core of business development principles, leading to a thorough knowledge and understanding of economic, financial, legal, environmental and international business issues.
- The importance of teaching students appropriate analysis and research skills (through seminars on research methodology and the preparation of a research thesis spanning the two-year programme) as well as strategic thinking skills.
The business-specific content of the programme, demonstrated through the teaching of 4 specialisation tracks:
- Entrepreneurship & development of innovative activities
- Sales development & purchasing
- Marketing - Communication & digital media
- International Business Development
An increased international focus, underlined by:
- The strong international dimension of the core teaching and specialisation tracks,
- The academic partnerships with universities and business schools throughout the world: student expatriation (study periods with foreign universities or internships), the welcoming of international students.
- An active pedagogical approach combining conceptualisation and practical application and placing specific emphasis on project management, providing the link between the different areas of knowledge acquired and encouraging cross-disciplinarity.
The programme prepares future graduates who are able to:
- Show specific expertise in entrepreneurship and commerce,
- Set up their own company or significantly contribute to corporate development on a regional, national or international level,
- Be experts and dynamic players in business development,
- Be managers, developers and entrepreneurs able to combine and apply strategic, managerial, entrepreneurial and commercial skills and expertise in their business field.
By the end of the 2-year programme…
… the future graduate will:
- be ready to embark on a professional career with potential to evolve and adapt, as well as the capacity to develop businesses at a regional, national and international level,
- have gained a thorough knowledge and understanding of the corporate economic environment and the challenges of internationalisation,
- have acquired skills and expertise in strategy, management and interculturel awareness as well as a clear ethical stance in relation to the world of business,
- have a clearly defined professional project and be firmly committed to a specific professional sector.